(I seriously do not recommend following the advice in the following list unless you truly enjoy the abuse.)
- Keep chasing after him. Convince yourself he will soon realize how much you love him.
- Don’t take no for an answer. If he doesn’t answer your calls, no problem! He must be busy, just try again later, and again, and again, and again…
- When he tells you he loves you and then ignores you for days, believe him. After all, his words are enough, he doesn’t need to back anything up with actions.
- Constantly compare yourself to his ex. Sure he is over her. He only tells you about her because he would love you so much more if you could be like her.
- Agree with everything he says! No matter what.
- If he is “concerned” about any of your friends, immediately unfriend them. He is not jealous, he just knows best.
- Cry. Cry A LOT! Then when he shows back up and tells you it was all your fault, chalk it up as a silly misunderstanding and welcome him back.
- Excuse his bad behavior and unkindness. He was having a bad day, he is just misunderstood. Soon he will realize you are the one there for him all the time.
- When he tells you you are the best thing he has ever had, believe him. Because he would have never said this to anyone else.
- If he leads you on for over two years and breaks up with you at a whim, with no reasoning, no communication, and even if he is talking to other women, do not go on with your life. Talk to no one! After all, when he comes back and tells you about the conversations with the other women, he will reassure you they were not like you. You mustn’t hurt or upset him by not waiting patiently for him.
- No matter how many lies he says about you, you must forgive him. He was just hurt.
- Back handed compliments are better than no compliments at all. When he tells you how nice you look, and then asks if you gained some weight, immediately stop eating!
- Answer every late night call or text. It might be an emergency. It has to be an emergency, or he would have called you earlier at a reasonable time of day.
- When he talks over you, cuts you off, turns the conversation back to him… remember, at least he is talking to you.
- Drop everything for him, make time for him no matter what, whenever he needs it. Because his time is more valuable than yours and you should understand that.
- Never block him from facebook, or other social media, because when he has unblocked you, how else will he know you are still waiting for him?
- Believe no one but him! They are all lying about him.
- Convince yourself you are happy.
- Refuse to see any similarities between him and your absentee father. You gotta fill that void. You need the approval of a strong man and remember… only a strong man can lift you up after he tears you down.
- Believe him when he says you are not in Gods will for his life. It’s true. This is really true, because Gods will for you is not to be in his life.
I hope you know, the list above is not to be taken serious. But this is exactly what we do when we are in a bad, unhealthy, toxic relationship. We allow someone to treat us so bad, because inside we do not know our value. If you do not know your own worth, you will tolerate, rationalize, justify, excuse, over look, and apologize for anything.
How will you ever love and receive love if you are steeped in this dysfunction of a relationship? Tell him to step aside, because he is blocking your view.
Get your heart and head right. Take some time alone. Get the healing. Get in the Word and alone with God and listen to what He has to say about you. Because He is the only true lover of your soul. Then when the time is right, when your healing is complete, He will bring someone across your path and you will recognize him.
You can’t love or receive love, when you don’t know what/who love is.